By default the Xerox VersaLink C405 & B405 may be configured where it will prompt you to confirm the paper size each time you load paper.
You need to change the tray to ‘Dedicated’. Please see below for instructions.
A typical configuration will be:
Size = A4
Type = Plain
Colour = White
1. At the printer control panel, press the Home button.
2. Touch Device → Paper Trays.
3. In the Paper Trays menu, touch the preferred tray.
4. To dedicate the tray for a paper size, type, or colour, touch Tray Mode, then touch Dedicated.
- To select a paper or envelope size, touch the current size setting, then select a size.
- To select a paper type, touch the current paper type, then select a paper type.
- To select a paper colour, touch the current paper colour, then select a paper colour.
5. To save the settings, touch OK.
6. To return to the Home screen, press the Home button.