Printing Settings on MAC OS
For most users creating individual presets for specific print jobs is the best method as detailed below.
To Save Print Presets
- Open a file, from the menu select File > Print. (or Command P)
- Click Show Details.
- Select the require print settings.
- Select the Presets drop-down menu and choose Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Enter a name for the preset settings, for example Single-sided, and select whether to use the preset for only the currently selected printer or all printers.
To Edit the Print Default Settings Preset
Advanced users may wish to edit the Default Preset, The steps below show how.
To edit the Mac ‘Default Setting’ Preset in MAC Printer Drivers – (*for this example we will change the default from 2-sided to 1-sided however all options can be edited as required)
- In a browser address bar enter: http://localhost:631/printers
- Click on the printer you want to edit the Default Settings for
- Change the right hand drop down to ‘Set Default Options’
- Select Finishing Options
- Change Print Type to 1-sided*
- Click Set Default Options at the bottom of the page
- If prompted enter Mac username and password.
If you need assistance please do not hesitate to call Blue Box Support on 0845 129 8386 Option 2